To the CTP Team
General discussion about the Community Tileset Project

Moderators: Winterhawk99, Mermut, Bannor Bloodfist, Black Rider

raven280

Post by raven280 »

Hey There,
The elves were my fault.....I created many of the areas for the demo mod, and I put some creatures into the areas of which not all were edited out for the final release. I am glad that you enjoyed the test mod, and will be using the CTP for your module. My favorite tileset from the first release was the dwarven tileset, and I have a dwarven city prefab called Basalt listed on the vault that you may also want to use. Enjoy!

Raven280

OldSchool

Post by OldSchool »

Fighting the elves was funny. I think it took me about 50 respawns to clear the area. I'll check out your prefab, the dwarven tileset is one of my favorites.

I'm building a wilderness campaign for rangers, so all of the sets will come in handy. There's only so much I could do with the standard rural set.

This will be my first module release, so I'm trying to keep the download size of the first chapter as small as possible. I really appreciate the way y'all set this hakpak up. It makes it easier to make my module dial-up friendly.

I'll do what I can to promote the use of CTP. I will be building in NWN for a while and I like what you guys are doing.

Sharona Curves

Post by Sharona Curves »

glad you like these things. it took alot of effort from a tremendous amount of people over the course of the CTP life to bring these to you.

but the best part is more artwork is on the way. :)

raven280

Post by raven280 »

I suspect, with the difficulty of building with NWN2, and the exisiting and the continued support for NWN1 still in the community, many of us will be sticking with NWN1 for awile....

Sharona Curves

Post by Sharona Curves »

or people will end up doing both as i am currently doing. nwn2 does not offer the multiplayer gaming support i enjoy the most. it also has the clunkiest, chunkiest interface i have ever seen. not to mention the stupid lag between issuing a command and your character actually doing it. but thats gameplay and not building. as far as building i am finding the nwn2 toolset to be incredible as long as you remain outdoors. once you go inside you are more limited than what was offered in the NWN1 demo toolset. because of these limitations and gameplay issues i will remain with the NWN1 toolset and for certain i will remain playing NWN1. there is hope on the horizon though. with the new year approaching we should start hearing more about dragonage.

raven280

Post by raven280 »

This sounds really promising from the DA forums.....

Sheryl Chee
Writer

I'm working with the new toolset right now and I actually find it very user-friendly. Never played with NWN2's toolset, so I can't comment on that, but I am really happy with the DA toolset. It has a lot more functionality than the NWN1 toolset and the best thing is, they're still working on improving it.

Seriously, it's like buttah. Actually, maybe we shouldn't ship it, we should keep it all to ourselves. Mmmm... toolset loooove.

rja_w

My Thanks to All of You :)

Post by rja_w »

I do not know if this is the right spot to put this, or even if you want gratuitous gratitude here :P, but as a lowly builder on a PW, I just want to give my thanks, and let you know how much your work is appreciated.

I just politicked (and won ;) ) to get CTP_Babylon added to our hak list, as we are expanding our world to include a large desert area and the desert city of Goldhaven.

Walking through your test mod provided in the download, I was amazed, enthralled...enraptured at the level of detail that you all have put into this work. It makes me stop running, slow down, and actually step in close just to see the tiled bas relief on the walls, appreciate the colored awnings hanging over the markets, staring at a fountain as it splashes into pool, the Hanging Gardens...and a thousand and one things too numerous to mention. Did I mention the enormous feeling of satisfaction at seeing the walkable rooftops too? :D

I have no clue how you do it, I have not that skill; I am just the most minor builder on the team, don't even know how to script :P. I just love painting our world :). But I just wanted to tell anyone who has ever given their time to make something like this free of charge for the community that your time is not in vain, and you are appreciated...very much.

ps. Seeing how much detail you have put into this tileset, I am starting to canvas to see if we cannot incorporate all of your work (ie the other tilesets in your portfolio). I don't mind the rebuilding, it will be worth it if this tileset is any indication.

Russell :D

Winterhawk99
ctp: Yes
nwnihof: Yes

Post by Winterhawk99 »

Thank you Russel I got in too late to work on babylon but all the wonderful people who did like Old Mans Beard, Bannor, Estilendis, and Dragonessa are top notch people both in integrity and in Talent. I appricate too what they accomplished with babylon. :)

Bannor Bloodfist
ctp: Yes
dla: Yes
TBotR: Yes
nwnihof: Yes

Post by Bannor Bloodfist »

[quote=rja_w;14862]I do not know if this is the right spot to put this, or even if you want gratuitous gratitude here :P, but as a lowly builder on a PW, I just want to give my thanks, and let you know how much your work is appreciated.[/quote]

Oooppsss... you actually said thank you. Gets out the rope and chains... no wait, that's for the other folks, I get confused ;)

[quote=rja_w;14862]I just politicked (and won ;) ) to get CTP_Babylon added to our hak list, as we are expanding our world to include a large desert area and the desert city of Goldhaven. [/quote]We are honored.

[quote=rja_w;14862]I have no clue how you do it, I have not that skill; I am just the most minor builder on the team, don't even know how to script :P. I just love painting our world :). But I just wanted to tell anyone who has ever given their time to make something like this free of charge for the community that your time is not in vain, and you are appreciated...very much.[/quote] I know I am very glad that you are enjoying the set. A lot of work, a huge amount of time, and quite a bit of our souls went into Babylon. Having folks like you drop by and say 'Thank you' makes it all worthwhile.

[quote=rja_w;14862]ps. Seeing how much detail you have put into this tileset, I am starting to canvas to see if we cannot incorporate all of your work (ie the other tilesets in your portfolio). I don't mind the rebuilding, it will be worth it if this tileset is any indication.[/quote]Well, we (CTP) have learned quite a bit along the way, and with Babylon, we pulled out all the stops... so, it's a better set than what has been released earlier. I am NOT knocking our earlier works at all, but we started as a bug fixing team, with only relatively minor reskin work and a large amount of ensuring that things actually worked as they were originally intended. My suggestion would be to look over the other sets before making a decision, I am sure you would be able to find uses for several of them, but some are more likely to catch your attention than others.

We have radically slowed down our work now, as we are a MUCH smaller team now than we were with Babylon. Work continues on other sets, but it is a slow progress and I really would not even be able to venture a guess on when the next set will get released. Our Forest set, while very pretty, still has a long way to go.

Enjoy what we have released to date, and keep your fingers crossed that we may still release some more stuff as time goes forward.

rja_w

Post by rja_w »

[quote=Bannor Bloodfist;14864]Well, we (CTP) have learned quite a bit along the way, and with Babylon, we pulled out all the stops... so, it's a better set than what has been released earlier. I am NOT knocking our earlier works at all, but we started as a bug fixing team, with only relatively minor reskin work and a large amount of ensuring that things actually worked as they were originally intended. My suggestion would be to look over the other sets before making a decision, I am sure you would be able to find uses for several of them, but some are more likely to catch your attention than others.[/quote]

Thank you for the recommendation, I will do just that. What impresses me is your Babylon demo areas initial Bioware tileset build, with highlights to some of the bugs that are incumbent in that tileset; not to knock Bioware, as since I cannot do what they did myself, it would be hard for me to criticise their work ;). But for those of us who do not have the eye for tilesets unless introduced to what a bug actually is, it opened my eyes to the details so to speak. If the net improvement is more than the work involved to change them, I will try my best to have them added too.:)