Bannor Bloodfist
ctp: Yes
dla: Yes
TBotR: Yes
nwnihof: Yes

Post by Bannor Bloodfist »

I am already a member there Banshe.

Have been for about 6 months or so.

But they are having the same problem that every other group has. Ask people to join up, but seldom get any to actually DO anything.

Not a big worry here though, as the 2006 nominations are all done, they are being tested and voted on now.

The problem with the membership is it is a large workload to review and people only have sooo much time to give.

The current ACTIVE members are doing a credable job getting it done, but are seeking extra folks especially for the 2007 awards.

They need folks from both NWN 1, and NWN 2 communities to help with those.
CTP Team Lead

Post by Guest »

Ok. That explains a lot. It sounded like the idea we all discussed for establishing standards for custom content. So it was odd to see it appear elsewhere. But with your participation there, it makes more sense. :)

Bannor Bloodfist
ctp: Yes
dla: Yes
TBotR: Yes
nwnihof: Yes

Post by Bannor Bloodfist »

[quote=Banshe;44531]Ok. That explains a lot. It sounded like the idea we all discussed for establishing standards for custom content. So it was odd to see it appear elsewhere. But with your participation there, it makes more sense. :)[/quote]

Nope, I can't take the credit for this as I would NOT have started a third team to belong to. I am getting more and more time limited and being split between multiple project teams really kills whatever time I DO have.

QSW is involved from very early on in the process, in fact, I think she may have actually instigated the general idea and gained the first members. There are several OTHER members that are quite well versed in making content and all agree that the vault 'popularity' vote doesn't point out what is truly excellent work. That is the goal of the AME. They dig through the content and find the real gems.
CTP Team Lead

Post by Guest »

Ah... Ok.

I was more curious where the idea came from then who started the project. Maybe QSW picked up the idea from here. Who knows. :)

QSW
ctp: No
dla: No
TBotR: No
nwnihof: No

Post by QSW »

Quite a bit late on this thread, just noticed it.

The original idea for the AME was not mine at all, it came from MokahTGS who put it to Maximus and he in turn asked me to help MokahTGS get it set up etc. Due to RL time constraints Mokah stepped down as chairman and Andarian and then BenWH took over as chairman (Andarian staying on as vice chairman)

I think MokahTGS wanted the awards to be a bit like the Oscars, as opposed to the already existing MoTY which is voted on by any Vault member.

Banshe

Post by Banshe »

Better late than never. ;)

DM_Mask

Bump

Post by DM_Mask »

I want the music from this video.. which was recently posted to showcase a few of the NWN2 finalists.