Moderators: Winterhawk99, Mermut, Bannor Bloodfist, Black Rider

Christopher
ctp: No
dla: No
TBotR: No
nwnihof: No

Welcome all Lurkers

Post by Christopher »

It's a good chance that you already have a login if you visited or posted with us while we were hosted at DLAdventures.com. If not... well please by all means sign up with us. We look forward to an open dialog.

RPG Modding is a very flexable launch pad. Not only for the CTP to continue and thrive but a portal to branch out to other games. We welcome fans of the CTP and will keep you updated on our work for release #2. It is our hope that other NWN mod teams that are looking for a home and a helping hand will reach out to us.

While we are fans of NWN and the upcoming final for 1.69 patch by Bioware (who knows... perhaps a 1.70?). We have to allow room for growth as newer games come on the horizon. A time will come when even we tire of NWN and want to stretch our abilities to something new.

I confess that while I have played perhaps 1/3 of the NWN2 campaign I have not attempted to build any content for that version. I am certainly interested though.

If not NWN2, then we have the next release of the Enhanced Witcher game toolset. While I am not nearly as fond of single player games (I am a die hard fan of mulitplayer RPG's) I loved Oblivion. I spent a good six months in that game and it's massive custom content world. I was sorely tempted to take up that game start building content.

We all have hopes that Dragon Age will contain a toolset. Sadly, all these new games require a different caliber of talent with the toolset, 3dsmax, and hard work. Custom content is getting harder as the bar get raised higher.

So, at this point if you are a guest just reading. Get off the bench and sign up for an account. We are NWN today, new forums could crop up tomorrow and skies the limit my fellow RPG fans.

What else are we going to do with our spare time?

Daijin

Post by Daijin »

I visit alot, just dont post much.

Im staying with Nwn for some time. Waiting on nwn 1.69 and associated updates to Cep, Prc, etc before remaking the DL hakpaks into something else.

Dunjon Legends has been down since Jan 3, and I am going to redo the module to Mythic Dunjons. :thumb:

Banshe

Post by Banshe »

Me lurking everyday here. :)

raven280

Still lurking too...

Post by raven280 »

Hey Guys,
I am still lurking here too. Anxiously awaiting the release of patch 1.69, as well as the current in progress CTP tilesets. I was curious to see a quote in the Bioware forums from the guys who are working on the last patch who said that "someone" is working on releasing the unfinished DLA projects for NWN1...solace perhaps? Just curious...

Christopher

Post by Christopher »

That would be interesting... You would have to ask TK (Brian Chung). A push for release of Solace set to TNO standards almost took off in summer of 2006. Then fell once again to the cutting room floor as Steel_Wind pushed for the completion of WCoC. Key members who had interest in finishing it then left and went on to other things in Life. Solace was left alone...

Unless TK was the one doing it I really couldn't see Steel_Wind letting it go out to the public when it is not up to DLA certified standards. That's just my take, not sure what Bannor would say.

DM_Mask

Post by DM_Mask »

Bannor Bloodfist
ctp: Yes
dla: Yes
TBotR: Yes
nwnihof: Yes

Post by Bannor Bloodfist »

Actually, I know that Solace WAS being worked on, at least some. I did some work on it, Tom Banjo did a bit as well. But TK has mentioned that he thinks he may just rebuild the set instead of continuing to fix what is still unfinished.

Actually, I hope he decides to continue the fixing, there is not all that much left to do to get those groups from Solace working. a few 'plain' walls need some dressing up, windows added sort of thing. But there are a FEW tiles in the groups that do need some wok fixing, a little tender loving care to get them working again. Something about how they were sliced at one point in time.

Semi-Original Max scene source files exist, and that was what we were working from.

WojtekPod

Post by WojtekPod »

I am sorry - I've been just lurking down on DLA/CTP forums lately because much of my time was spent on some other things (like learning how to write Java programs). Hopefully I will be able to add my work to CTP during the next few weeks. :(

WojtekPod

mrgonzo

Post by mrgonzo »

Hey gang. Lurker number 1294768 here. At one point I offered to help out with bug testing. Unfortunately, RL has me busy. In about a month or so, things should settle down, and maybe I can start on some texture work? Even just plain art, screenshots, whatever. Thank you for your dedication to NWN1.

Bannor Bloodfist
ctp: Yes
dla: Yes
TBotR: Yes
nwnihof: Yes

Post by Bannor Bloodfist »

[quote=mrgonzo;11012]Hey gang. Lurker number 1294768 here. At one point I offered to help out with bug testing. Unfortunately, RL has me busy. In about a month or so, things should settle down, and maybe I can start on some texture work? Even just plain art, screenshots, whatever. Thank you for your dedication to NWN1.[/quote]

Actually, your timing might come in handy.

We will shortly need testers for the Desert Combo set that is currently in work. Give us a shout when you have the time to devote to us.