What do you, community members, want CTP to work on next?
General discussion about the Community Tileset Project

Moderators: Winterhawk99, Mermut, Bannor Bloodfist, Black Rider

Kalindor

Post by Kalindor »

[quote=Axe Murderer;13384]A good Louisiana style bayou swamp set would be welcomed.[/quote]

I use Rosenkrantz's Immersive Swamps for this purpose.
http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Hakpaks.Detail&id=6963

Although now that I look at his vault site it appears he won't be updating it anymore. That's a pity.

DM Wise

Post by DM Wise »

[quote=Kalindor;13462]
Although now that I look at his vault site it appears he won't be updating it anymore. That's a pity.[/quote]

It is a pity. I was always fond of LK, and I admired his work from Day 1. I was afraid that something like this might happen one day. My fear is that a few vocal negative objections outweighed the myriad of positive ones, and it is always the few that we seem to hear in such matters.

But LK has made his choice, and I must respect that. I can't say that such actions hurt the Community, for we would be much poorer had he never been here to begin with. Still, though he "closed the door" metaphorically, he still has the choice to open it again.

Grymlorde

Post by Grymlorde »

City, Rural, Forest with Snow by Pasilli. It might only need new .2das (doors & loadscreen) updated to 1.69 but there might be some other opportunities (cleanmodels?). It's a beautiful tileset, currently ranked a 10 but not yet in the Hall of Fame.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=ha ... ail&id=598

I've sent an email to Maxam about Classic Dungeon. Judging by his posts, he seems pretty burned out on CD and might be willing to turn it over. The set needs to be updated to 1.69 and would benefit from slanted corridors (and stairs), spiral staircases (up, down, and both), long corridors that slant downwards so gradually only a Dwarf could detect it, area transitions/exits to cave/mine, barrows, and other classic elements from OD&D, AD&D, and BD&D.

[quote=Mecheon;13381]
Barbaric North!
http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Ha ... il&id=7163
... Okay, I know you guys are working on it, I'm just excited about it and am happy to be able to see the thematic opposite of the desert tileset in the future some time :P
I'd want, as always, various ships in this tileset, plus airships, and some tiles that could serve towards making a large castle or fortress type area, preferably coloured a bit darker than the ones in TNO to give it an intimidating look, kind of like the dark buildings in Lodrezzon's old Netherwind tileset (http://nwvault.ign.com/fms/Image.php?id=13065) that give it a darker and more oppressive atmosphere than most city tilesets[/quote]

It would be nice to have some Fjords, Icebergs, and snowy mountains in the same set. Personally I'm not too keen on stone castles in a Viking tileset but I'm all for dikes, earthworks, etc. Remember the cool landscape from Beowulf?

Bannor Bloodfist
ctp: Yes
dla: Yes
TBotR: Yes
nwnihof: Yes

Post by Bannor Bloodfist »

I have moved some posts to a new thread. Just to be clear, this is a thread created with the intention of asking what the community wants in specific tileset work from CTP for the future.

We will only create minor additions to make things work, we will NOT be creating completely new tilesets.

We are looking for suggestions of possible additions (work that is already available from the vault) to existing sets, or additions to sets we have in our original 40 tileset list, most particularly to sets in our 'in work list', but we will also consider other types of sets as well.

To recap, the sets currently in plan/work to finish after Babylon are these:
Sets in progress:

• Babylon (Desert combo, almost done, this WILL release by End of March 2009)
  • White Wizard (almost done hopefully by March 2009)
  • Moria (almost done, hopefully by June 2009)
  • DLA Sandstone (almost done, hopefully by March 2009)
  • Forest (in work)
  • Tropical (in work)
  • Oriental (May end up being merged with Tropical)
  • Jungle (in work, but also on indefinite hold)
  • Marsh (Swampy type terrain)
Requirements for submission to this list.

1. Original content authors permission to work on their stuff.
  2. If option 1 is not available, then the author must be gone from community for not less than 6 months.
  3. Enough interest to make it worth our time and effort. IE, we can't just start fixing everything out there, we can only devote sooo much time and effort, so it will be on a first come, most wanted, basis.
  4. CTP reserves the right to NOT do a particular set without reservations or reasons.
  5. CTP reserves the right to adjust possible scheduling on any given set.
  6. ANY set worked on will be brought up to the minimum CTP standards. Those standards are posted in various locations here but if any of you have seen any of our sets, the standards are pretty self evident.
  7. We WILL consider adding things to any specific set. IE, adding a specific feature/group to a tileset, but only if we are already planning on working on that original set. We will NOT be adding to default Bioware sets. Project Q is doing that aspect of things, and we will let them handle it.
  8. Full name of any specific tileset (preferably with a vault link), Author's name, a brief description on what the set has that interests you the most, AND any suggestions you may have regarding adding things to it.

Kalindor

Post by Kalindor »

Bannor, I am no expert on what custom content is available as I am one of those neophytes who sticks mainly to compilations. Usually I just use the CTP, Rosenkrantz's stuff, and lordofworms's stuff. However, I do appreciate your work and eagerly anticipate the future CTP releases. Do not confuse a lack of suggestions with a lack of interest because there are probably a lot of people like myself still in the community.

the_icelord

Post by the_icelord »

Marshes would be interesting.. The marsh set currently in the list doesn't have that many interesting bits to play around with when making an area.

Bannor Bloodfist
dla: Yes
TBotR: Yes

Post by Bannor Bloodfist »

[quote=the_icelord;13592]Marshes would be interesting.. The marsh set currently in the list doesn't have that many interesting bits to play around with when making an area.[/quote]

Actually, you have not seen that set. The most you have seen are a few screenshots... it is a fairly large set, it was based off of two different marsh/swamp sets as well as some rural additions in it's original form, and it has much more in it than you may think it does.

No worries though... it's on our list, AND on our list to be further expanded upon.

Sailsword

Post by Sailsword »

The red granite set is truly beautiful. One of my personal favorites is the Arcane Space tileset. I'd also like to see sets like Avernus and Abyss and other planar ones like them.

Estelindis
dla: No
TBotR: No

Post by Estelindis »

I've been using Abyss for years. In fact, I think it was the first custom tileset I ever used (needed it for a section in my module where the PC travels to Gehenna). I would be delighted to update and expand it (when we get through with our other stuff, of course).

Borden Ha'elven
Site Admin
ctp: No
dla: No
TBotR: No
nwnihof: No

Post by Borden Ha'elven »

I think a proper ship interior tileset is long overdue. Preferably with different styles & shapes of tiles to suit each type of ship currently available. Heed's Decks could be a good starting point. http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Ha ... il&id=1381