Generic Doors
CTP usage questions should be posted here.

Moderators: Winterhawk99, Mermut, Bannor Bloodfist, Black Rider

Post by Guest »

What are these bugs you speak of?

They look and work fine when I viewed the demo... The curtains are especially worthwhile. I'm considering adding some of them to my team's resource pool.

Bannor Bloodfist
ctp: Yes
dla: Yes
TBotR: Yes
nwnihof: Yes

Post by Bannor Bloodfist »

[quote=gaoneng]What are these bugs you speak of?

They look and work fine when I viewed the demo... The curtains are especially worthwhile. I'm considering adding some of them to my team's resource pool.[/quote]
Hmmm, as to the actual bugs, I will let OMB answer that one, but from our viewpoint, we are sort of 'perfectionists' here and OMB in particular does require as close to perfection as can be accomplished. Since he was assigned the task of 'fixing' the doors, he has done some really amazing work with them.

Most doors on the vault are 'useable', but buggy in one fashion or another. Either the doors are not truly 'standard' in size, or when they open up or close they don't fit correctly, or may show missing, bad or mis-aligned textures, sparkles, white gaps, etc. Some of the doors from the vault have had the wrong sound associated with them for open/close sound effects, or in the case of curtains, show very VERY dark folds, thus hiding the real texture assigned to them.

All of these types of bugs (and a few others) have been fixed here with the doors that we will release. Those doors will be included in release one, which should not be too much farther off into the future. We are working very hard behind the scenes to get those first 10 full tilesets, +1 reskin, +doors, +loadscreens sets ready for release.

OldMansBeard

Post by OldMansBeard »

[QUOTE=gaoneng]What are these bugs you speak of?

They look and work fine when I viewed the demo... The curtains are especially worthwhile. I'm considering adding some of them to my team's resource pool.[/QUOTE]

I'm not going to list all the bugs, it would take too long.

However, regarding the curtains, they all use the same geometry so, disregarding any reskining errors on particular ones, they all have common errors. Three of the leaves are backwards, two particular leaves cause texture collisions, all of the leaves have unclosed edges that cause gross shadowing errors. In the dwk, the wg nodes have misplaced pivots. In the model, there are unwelded vertices in the meshes and unwelded tverts in the rendering. The setfillumcolor parameter is missing from the sam, being mis-spelled "selfillumcolor" and wrongly set to 0 0 0. The sam intersects the leaves, causing visual anomalies if the curtain is used across a transition. In the animations, there are meaningless keys of empty lists with missing end keys . . .

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying these particular models are no good. They are better than average. But they're not perfect. There are faults that could have been corrected but weren't.

Post by Guest »

Ah I see.

:)

Well as long as they aren't game-breaking bugs I suppose I can live with them for now. Until better replacements come along anyways. Heh heh.

Meanwhile, you guys keep up with the good job. :)

Bannor Bloodfist
ctp: Yes
dla: Yes
TBotR: Yes
nwnihof: Yes

Post by Bannor Bloodfist »

[quote=gaoneng]Ah I see.

:)

Well as long as they aren't game-breaking bugs I suppose I can live with them for now. Until better replacements come along anyways. Heh heh.

Meanwhile, you guys keep up with the good job. :)[/quote]

You won't have long to wait on our doors Gaoneng, they will be in final testing this weekend. If they pass, with no major errors or anything, we will release them to the public once all the documentation is completed. So, 1 week, at the most 2, and the 'generic doors' will be released.

Post by Guest »

[FONT="Courier New"]yay!

*coughs* Err.. I mean, glad to hear that. ;)
[/FONT]

Post by Guest »

can't remember where I saw them, but the doors I really liked, had a "cobwebs " type curtain, and red and brown curtains and also doors that matched appearance wise with buildings.
It really made the module look good.
The curtains opened very well too.

Primogenitor

Post by Primogenitor »

Looking nice, very nice. Theyll look even better in-game I bet :)

Post by Guest »

I people!

I,ve take a look at ctp doors, in the test pack, and they hare fantastic!

And one of them is my favorit, i will not say here whitch one, but as a Tolkien fan it?s not dificult to see, wo is she.

Still waiting for work:sleep:

Cheers!

Carlos