GetTilesetResRef() in 1.67
CTP usage questions should be posted here.

Moderators: Winterhawk99, Mermut, Bannor Bloodfist, Black Rider

Primogenitor

GetTilesetResRef() in 1.67

Post by Primogenitor »

A couple of related questions.

1) Has anyone checked that this works with custom tilesets?

2) Any plans to put an include script out in an erf or in the CTP haks that holds the constants for the CTP tilesets? TILESET_RESREF_CTP_* etc

Bannor Bloodfist
ctp: Yes
dla: Yes
TBotR: Yes
nwnihof: Yes

Post by Bannor Bloodfist »

[quote=Primogenitor]A couple of related questions.

2) Any plans to put an include script out in an erf or in the CTP haks that holds the constants for the CTP tilesets? TILESET_RESREF_CTP_* etc[/quote]

Primo, to be honest, this is the first I have heard of it.

And of course, the toolset does NOT tell you where it grabs the resref data. I can only assume at this point that it is something automatic, or something that is not necessary.

If I remember correctly, a resref refers to an entry in the Talk file, which we will NOT change. IE, there will be no CTP.TLK at all. So, if we have to pull an entry from the standard bio.tlk, then I seriously doubt that we will screw around much with that. There would be no CTP combination in that at all. So best case, would be standard bioware names, which will seldom match what we are doing.

However, if you can find any real information on this function, how it is used, and/or where it pulls the data from, let me know and I will investigate it further. From what I see in toolsset (the only reference I can find for this 'new' function, I can see nothing there that is useful at all.

Primogenitor

Post by Primogenitor »

The tileset resref is the name of the .set file that controls the tileset. For example, biowares Desert tileset reads ttd01.set and TILESET_RESREF_DESERT = "ttd01"

I havn't tested it against a custom tileset, but it seems to match and would make sense. So no .tlk references or anything like that. Indeed, its impossible for CTP tilesets not to have a tileset resref so you might as well add a single include file for builders to use. Just a plain text .nss is all thats needed, since you dont compile an include file directly.

As for possible uses, the PRC will probably use it for some of the races/classes. For example, there are certain races that have a bonus to specific skills in forest; before, we had to go on "aboveground & natural" using GetIsAreaInterior(), GetIsAreaNatural(), & GetIsAreaInterior() but by using this we can limit to just a few tilesets too. It would be good if we could natively support CTP tilesets too :)

Builders might use it for a variety of things, spawning, random monsters, items that only work in certain places, etc without having to specifically mark each area in a certain way.

OldMansBeard

Post by OldMansBeard »

[QUOTE=Primogenitor]A couple of related questions.

2) Any plans to put an include script out in an erf or in the CTP haks that holds the constants for the CTP tilesets? TILESET_RESREF_CTP_* etc[/QUOTE]

It works with any tileset including ctp ones. No problem. It just returns the string embedded in the area file. The Bioware TILESET_RESREF_* string constants are just there to give them names, I think. If you look in nwscript they are defined like

Code: Select all

string TILESET_RESREF_CRYPT = "tdc01";
and so on. You don't really need the names to use the function.

Now if they added GetTileNameFromLocation() that would be really useful ...

Darklight

Post by Darklight »

[QUOTE=Primogenitor]The tileset resref is the name of the .set file that controls the tileset. For example, biowares Desert tileset reads ttd01.set and TILESET_RESREF_DESERT = "ttd01"

I havn't tested it against a custom tileset, but it seems to match and would make sense. So no .tlk references or anything like that. Indeed, its impossible for CTP tilesets not to have a tileset resref so you might as well add a single include file for builders to use. Just a plain text .nss is all thats needed, since you dont compile an include file directly.

As for possible uses, the PRC will probably use it for some of the races/classes. For example, there are certain races that have a bonus to specific skills in forest; before, we had to go on "aboveground & natural" using GetIsAreaInterior(), GetIsAreaNatural(), & GetIsAreaInterior() but by using this we can limit to just a few tilesets too. It would be good if we could natively support CTP tilesets too :)

Builders might use it for a variety of things, spawning, random monsters, items that only work in certain places, etc without having to specifically mark each area in a certain way.[/QUOTE]

I was not aware of this functionality, but now I slaver for its release with gleeful evil DM anticipation.

:)

If only they would put out Get/Set/Eye/Hair/Skin/Tattoo colors... I am so with you on that one Primo.