Tno + Ctp =
This is an area for community members to show their custom content work and/or projects or ask for feedback.
CWebb

Tno + Ctp =

Post by CWebb »

Okay, I still need to actually play WCoC, but I had to answer this question for myself: how would CTP generic doors look with TNO?

[IMG]http://www.babylonbycandlelight.com/dar ... tptno1.jpg[/IMG]

One of the generic wooden doors.

[IMG]http://www.babylonbycandlelight.com/dar ... tptno2.jpg[/IMG]

One of the dark curtains along with one of gaoneng's doors on right side.

I think the answer to the question is "looks good!" :)

Thanks, CTP!

Bannor Bloodfist
ctp: Yes
dla: Yes
TBotR: Yes
nwnihof: Yes

Post by Bannor Bloodfist »

Yep, those Generic doors do look sweet don't they?

CTP Release One will be compatable with the 5 TNO sets. That part is assured.

I don't know for sure about some of the new 'doors' that TNO adds though, so there is a slight possibility that we will have to patch our generic doors to work correctly. IE, to not run over / under the new doors in TNO.

I think, that we covered ourselves on that already though, but I just can't remember for sure if I had access to those TNO doors when we released our Generics.

Anyway. TNO, TNO Fort Interior, TNO Barrows, TNI Castle Interior and TNI2 City Int should all work fine if added to a mod, BELOW the CTP stuff once we release. They would have to be below CTP sets as we have to overwrite certain 2da, and ini files. But our files will NOT corrupt TNO at all. No worries there.

9fires
ctp: No
dla: No
TBotR: No
nwnihof: No

Post by 9fires »

I am sure the WCC is a real super mod, but my mod is better - I just want TNO - how can I get it?

Bannor Bloodfist

[quote=9fires;7554]I am sure the WCC is a real super mod, but my mod is better - I just want TNO - how can I get it?[/quote]

Right now, you have two choices:

Buy the premium mod, what's $12 anyway
OR
Wait for 1.69 to make it official patch related files.

Tiberius_Morguhn

Post by Tiberius_Morguhn »

[QUOTE=Bannor Bloodfist;7555]Right now, you have two choices:

Buy the premium mod, what's $12 anyway
OR
Wait for 1.69 to make it official patch related files.[/QUOTE]

There is a TNO "preview" tileset in the free (formerly premium) module called "Darkness over Daggerford". I don't know if an area will seamlessly port between that tileset and the final, polished tileset release with WCoC.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=modules.Detail&id=5122

9fires
ctp: No
dla: No
TBotR: No
nwnihof: No

Post by 9fires »

Sure seems to be a whole lot of waiting going on

Bannor Bloodfist

[quote=Tiberius_Morguhn;7556]There is a TNO "preview" tileset in the free (formerly premium) module called "Darkness over Daggerford". I don't know if an area will seamlessly port between that tileset and the final, polished tileset release with WCoC.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=mo ... il&id=5122[/quote]

Nope, the two are NOT compatable.

We (being DLA voice right now) warned folks of that when DoD released that 'pre-veiw', their version was out of date and missing tiles. DLA added several new tiles and a new group or three, which totally screws with the .set and .itp. So, they are NOT compatable with each other at all. I know I had crashes when attempting to use the NEW, COMPLETE set, in place of the DoD set.

However, they also are packaged differently. DoD released their sets as individual haks, 3 for each tileset. DLA released all 5 sets, in ONE hak. All files in one location. So, you can have both on your machine with no problem. They won't hurt each other. But, you CAN NOT USE BOTH in same mod.

Primogenitor

Post by Primogenitor »

[QUOTE=9fires;7554]I am sure the WCC is a real super mod, but my mod is better - I just want TNO - how can I get it?[/QUOTE]Stop being a tightwad and buy WCoC :p: Its a lot cheaper than SoU, and a lot bigger/better too :D

OldMansBeard

Post by OldMansBeard »

It will be possible to use the TNO generic doors and the CTP Generic Doors at the same time. Their doors are numbered 11..25 and ours are numbered 150..255 to avoid any possible conflict.

We will just need to make a merged genericdoors.2da that has entries for both sets of numbers. It's a simple cut-and-paste-in-notepad job. Assuming Bioware put the TNO generics into 1.69, we would need to do that as a 1.69 update to CTP Generic Doors but we could publish it now as a patch anyway.

There may be conflicts between the TNO generic doors and other people's generic doors packages if their numberings collide.

CWebb

Post by CWebb »

[QUOTE=OldMansBeard;7564]It will be possible to use the TNO generic doors and the CTP Generic Doors at the same time. Their doors are numbered 11..25 and ours are numbered 150..255 to avoid any possible conflict.[/QUOTE]

Yep - I figured that out after I added the ctp/gao doors and saw the TNO doors disappear, before I posted the pix. A quick merge of the 2das, and all of them work together now. The only odd thing I'm seeing in the toolset is there is a door listed in the Custom/Wood (IIRC) that is showing up with a null name. I didn't bother checking into it, since it didn't really affect anything I was doing at the time and nothing was complaining about it.