Ship Interiors
This is an area for community members to show their custom content work and/or projects or ask for feedback.
9fires
ctp: No
dla: No
TBotR: No
nwnihof: No

Ship Interiors

Post by 9fires »

In the [rtc] haks (which I used up until ctp) RDX had a couple of ship interiors. One was a modular thing that was kinda too narrow to really do anything with, but there was another was larger, more proportioned for characters pointing and clicking thier way around - I could go look up the specific tile if needed- it was a fat-bottomed boat with two rear cabins, one forward and a large central area- which if my nautical knowledge serves would be called a sallon... Not where you get your hair done, but where you drink rum and sing 'What do you do with a drunken sailor' or such classics as 'I's da bi tha builds the boot I's the bi tha sails it.'

I really enjoyed that one tile, could be dressed for a ship wreck or a voyage at sea and I'm curious if there were plans on inclusion? I know RDX is lurking here somewhere.

rdx

Post by rdx »

Hi there, 9fires. The tileset you're talking about is Heed's Ship interior that looked like a simple reskin. I don't know, maybe it is worth releasing, maybe not. It should be pretty easy to make it CTP compatible, it has only 2 special doors and nothing more.

What about the other one, Nexorcist ship interior? There were bigger groups, where you have place to sing all songs, drink all drinks and have some fight afterwards without being smashed in brow by walls ;)

lord rosenkrantz

Post by lord rosenkrantz »

I am currently reworking Nexorcist's Ship Interiors. Apart removing all model bugs and such, I am completelly changing the approach to tiles placement (at the moment you have to place tiles singularly, which is really user-unfriendly as as builders we are used to terrain and crossers).
Hence, the narrow ship models are going to be placed as crosser, while the wider type will be a terrain. These tiles will be plain (no particular features or objects in them).
All other features (sterns, bows, beds, storage, walls, cannons and so on) will be placed as crossers that will cross (:rolleyes: ) the narrow and wide ship interiors, to the result that all appropriate combos will be painted in a user-friendly standard nwn environment.
Once done with it, I am planning to duplicate the interiors using different kinds of wood to texture them, to increase the number of options available (one could be a "wrecked" ship type)

Post by Guest »

Great idea LR, that would allow for variations without making a bunch of groups.

lord rosenkrantz

[QUOTE=HyperWorm;8117]Great idea LR, that would allow for variations without making a bunch of groups.[/QUOTE]

And letting the area builder decide what combos to use, instead of the tileset creator ;)

9fires

Post by 9fires »

RDX lives!!

Were Nex's ship interiors the skinny ones with the modular construction or the 2x3 tile? The one I like was the 3x2 tile... gave enough room to work with. Retexturing a couple of times would be cool.

Another thing I was curious about is a city/rural combo - I know these have been hacked to pieces over the years but the two in rtc were both very nice and I personnally used them extensively... especially after I found the reskin overwrite for the white washed bio-city textures.

With the community really coming together on content, I don't wanna use nuttin' that doesn't start with a C.... Call me prejugdice, but its my mod and I can paint it any color I want to. I absolutely HATE it when a hak change breaks my mod or like with my current dilemma I got two tlks, cep and wc_ .

Yeh thats my ramble for today... Cheers

rdx

Post by rdx »

[QUOTE]RDX lives!![/QUOTE]
Why not? :)

I'm thinking about cutting RTC into single tilesets that could be made CTP-compatible. RTC is big and old, it has many bugs, yet it is still useable and looks nice. But I don't have time to support such big hak, so probably no more patches.

Ships.. there was the third tileset that has them, with 4x4 groups - look in "I City Interior". Models are prefixed with "htb". LR, maybe you can find some use for them?

lord rosenkrantz

Yeup, at this point I'll gather all various ship interior tilesets and I'll see to put together the best they have to offer, given that they can made easily compatible. Nexorcist's tileset is rather buggy but it's nothing that can't be fixed without going crazy, and apart that, I find it solid and I like the textures. I still have to check the other two

9fires

Post by 9fires »

@ RDx - I never truly doubted your state of lividity. And yeh I know the tile you mean and infact it was the one i meant when I was talking about the 2x3 tile.. :rolleyes: my bad.

@LR - I look forward to your contribution. Aboard ship is such a good place to start an adventure. :D