Barbaric North Tileset
This is an area for community members to show their custom content work and/or projects or ask for feedback.
Bannor Bloodfist
ctp: Yes
dla: Yes
TBotR: Yes
nwnihof: Yes

Post by Bannor Bloodfist »

One quick suggestion: Walls to buldings. You need a couple of those, and possibly the wall right to the edge off the water and ice tiles, should only take one of each of those and a wall right up to the forest... ie the wall ends in the tree line. Again, most of those will only take ONE tile each. Same with roads... the roads should auto switch to your dock, you only need one tile for that.

Maybe, and this is not really a requirement or anything, but maybe some frozen docks as well.. IE, the dock over the ice. As if 'it got sooo cold the lake froze' type thing.

Some of your ships, don't have proper rules set for them. They only paint with water all the way around, yet others will automatically paint and ADD water as needed.

I am noticing a few tiles with some screwy textures, IE, like the ice in a square, small, in the middle of a snow bank. I will have to give you screen shots to show what I mean.

You do have a few overlapping textures on the 'mountain path' at the 'flat' sections. Like you have an alpha texture overlapping the snow texture below it. remove that alpha if you can.

I have NOT looked at the buildings in game yet, so give me some time to finish up creating this testing mod.

I currently am missing 87 tiles out of the entire set, that have not painted yet. I am not saying these are bugs, just that I have not gotten those particular combinations of tiles necessary to get those tiles to paint. These will take me longer to figure out what is 'missing' in the environment to force those tiles down somewhere.
CTP Team Lead

Hyperworm

Post by Hyperworm »

So are you going to put the test MOD up on the server when you are done Bannor? Also, is the Mantis stuff all working now too?
Hurrrrry up I haven't tested a tileset in so long........ I need a fix man :wacko:

Bannor Bloodfist

[quote=Hyperworm;38566]So are you going to put the test MOD up on the server when you are done Bannor? Also, is the Mantis stuff all working now too?
Hurrrrry up I haven't tested a tileset in so long........ I need a fix man :wacko:[/quote]

Yep, it will go onto the server, I have to get a project setup for mantis to allow me to get bug reports into mantis though That won't take too long I expect.
CTP Team Lead

Bannor Bloodfist

s030363l; rename the hak. That space in the name, prevented me from even adding the hak to a module. Not sure how you got it into your test mod at all !

just put an underscore instead of a space '_' type.

This set will require someone to edit the doors.2da of any mod they place it into. Otherwise you will have issues with missing doors in other sets.

Same with the generic doors.2da

I think there was a third 2da I saw, but I will have to check on that again.

Overall, this set rocks.

Great work. The mountains actually look believable. A little difficult to actually paint down, and it looks like you took some hints from Chandigar on how to use those red corner objects to show that a mountain is intended in a particular location.

Overall, pretty easy to use. Not too much 'missing' that I see yet. I love those trees. Look pretty darn good on this new pc of mine :)
CTP Team Lead

Post by Guest »

Sobobable (Suh-bob-uh-bul): Don't ask me what it means, 'cause I just invented it.

;)

JFK

s030363l
dla: No

Post by s030363l »

[QUOTE=Bannor Bloodfist;38568]s030363l; Great work. The mountains actually look believable. A little difficult to actually paint down, and it looks like you took some hints from Chandigar on how to use those red corner objects to show that a mountain is intended in a particular location.

Overall, pretty easy to use. Not too much 'missing' that I see yet. I love those trees. Look pretty darn good on this new pc of mine :)
[/QUOTE]

Bannor you have to thank Chandigar those are his babies and I have to agree they look great!

Bannor Bloodfist

Yeah, I saw that you two released that set on the vault today.. Barbaric North.

We are busy here testing it already.

It looks pretty darn good. Already found a couple things that slip past artists when they haven't walked around in the set. But nothing really major yet. Couple walk mesh, couple shadow issues. Easy for you guys to fix.

Give us a couple more days to complete the test, and then take a look.

You and Chandigar both have access to Mantis, right? Edit: NM, just checked, and adjusted your accounts accordingly.

Over all looks very good
CTP Team Lead

Chandigar
ctp: No
dla: No
TBotR: No
nwnihof: No

Post by Chandigar »

Bannor,

Thanks for the quick responses. I described the usual testing and verification process to S1 but by the time he got home he was too late to retract the posting of the beta on the vault. Not a big deal, though it would have been nice to post a 99% bugless version up there.

You are correct about the walls to buildings thing. Mainly I just worked with the new tiles and didn't touch the original tiles unless something drastic needed to be fixed. I guess I need to revisit all of those original tiles too.

Its odd that you had a problem with a space in the name... it seemed to load up just fine when I built the test mod?

You guys do great work, two thumbs up!

Bannor Bloodfist

[quote=Chandigar;38649]Bannor,

Thanks for the quick responses. I described the usual testing and verification process to S1 but by the time he got home he was too late to retract the posting of the beta on the vault. Not a big deal, though it would have been nice to post a 99% bugless version up there. [/quote] Ahhh, no real worries. It did surprise me a bit, but that's the way it goes.

Hopefully, any necessary fixes won't require screwing up the .set file so that anything built with the alpha would have to be rebuilt. Sometimes you can get away with things like that, sometimes now.

[quote]You are correct about the walls to buildings thing. Mainly I just worked with the new tiles and didn't touch the original tiles unless something drastic needed to be fixed. I guess I need to revisit all of those original tiles too. [/quote]

Ain't that the way it usually goes? They are just suggestions, and NOT requirements as you know. But I was attempting to put a wall up to a building, like I do with most OC type sets, and it wouldn't go. So I figured I would mention it and give you guys the chance to make an adjustment, IF you wanted to.

[quote]Its odd that you had a problem with a space in the name... it seemed to load up just fine when I built the test mod?

You guys do great work, two thumbs up![/quote]

I think the space thing may have been me. I had already had the toolset open, and normally I can add a .hak into the hak folder and have it show up with no issues. The one with the space didn't. However, I had just copied it over and renamed the copy, again without closing the toolset, and it showed right up. When I then CLOSED the toolset and reopened it, BOTH showed up. So it may be something in the way the 'directory read' occurs both prior to opening a mod, and after opening a mod. I would suspect that there is a slight difference in the code, and that once the toolset is actually open, it uses a different read structure that stops on the space... not sure, as I said, once I closed toolset and reoppened it, it worked fine.
CTP Team Lead

Bannor Bloodfist

[quote=Chandigar;38649]Bannor,

Thanks for the quick responses. I described the usual testing and verification process to S1 but by the time he got home he was too late to retract the posting of the beta on the vault. Not a big deal, though it would have been nice to post a 99% bugless version up there. [/quote] Ahhh, no real worries. It did surprise me a bit, but that's the way it goes.

Hopefully, any necessary fixes won't require screwing up the .set file so that anything built with the alpha would have to be rebuilt. Sometimes you can get away with things like that, sometimes not.

[quote]You are correct about the walls to buildings thing. Mainly I just worked with the new tiles and didn't touch the original tiles unless something drastic needed to be fixed. I guess I need to revisit all of those original tiles too. [/quote]Ain't that the way it usually goes? They are just suggestions, and NOT requirements as you know. But I was attempting to put a wall up to a building, like I do with most OC type sets, and it wouldn't go. So I figured I would mention it and give you guys the chance to make an adjustment, IF you wanted to.

[quote]Its odd that you had a problem with a space in the name... it seemed to load up just fine when I built the test mod?

You guys do great work, two thumbs up![/quote]
I think the space thing may have been me. I had already had the toolset open, and normally I can add a .hak into the hak folder and have it show up with no issues. The one with the space didn't. However, I had just copied it over and renamed the copy, again without closing the toolset, and it showed right up. When I then CLOSED the toolset and reopened it, BOTH showed up. So it may be something in the way the 'directory read' occurs both prior to opening a mod, and after opening a mod. I would suspect that there is a slight difference in the code, and that once the toolset is actually open, it uses a different read structure that stops on the space... not sure, as I said, once I closed toolset and reoppened it, it worked fine.
CTP Team Lead