NWN2 Tilesets
Discuss ideas for tiles or tilesets for the ambitious. Community requests here (no guarantee anyone will build it) and show your WIPs.

Moderators: Winterhawk99, Mermut, Bannor Bloodfist

NWN2 Tilesets

Post by Guest »

I would like to know if theres some nwn2 tileset expansions planned. Making new tiles seems to be a lot more easier than in nwn1 and we could realy use some 'changes' (specialy new meta tiles). I could offer some ideas, if so.

Chandigar
ctp: No
dla: No
TBotR: No
nwnihof: No

Post by Chandigar »

I was always *planning* something... but I think I was waiting for tileset creation documents and import/export tools to get developed first. Last time I looked, the only way to get a model from Max into the game was through multiple import/export steps into various formats and you lost uvw mapping info.

Have these issues been resolved?

Post by Guest »

I'm not sure.
Sadly I'm not a modeler and have no idea about making new content. My part was texturize back in the old nwn1 times.

Bannor Bloodfist
ctp: Yes
dla: Yes
TBotR: Yes
nwnihof: Yes

Post by Bannor Bloodfist »

There are some people working on tiles for NWN 2.

Hellfire is one, but there are many others as well.

DLA / Joco, is building a new NWMax for NWN 2 as well, and it is progressing very well at this stage of the game. I would expect that to go 'public' very soon.

You WILL still need to learn some new things, normal mapping etc, it will change the workflow a bit.

I have already seen some good work towards getting NEW tiles into NWN 2.

So, yes, it's possible, and it is occuring, slowly but surely as people learn the new way of doing things.

Good thing is that interiors are the only tiles needed at this stage. And content from NWN can be converted, provided you retexture things... add ceilings where necessary etc.

Buildings as placeables will be greatly appreciated as well since the OC does not have a very large choice at the present time.
CTP Team Lead

Chandigar

Post by Chandigar »

Yea, in theory getting an exterior tileset to work like the exteriors in NWN2 shouldn't be that big a deal.... the difficult part is figuring out how to export it.

Anyone should be able to convert a workable exterior tileset into NWN2 placeables if the exports work...

Post by Guest »

Restless made a tileset for nwn2.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=NW ... ail&id=107

Sadly theres no way to contact him. No mail or anything.

Post by Guest »

I put this in another post but it belongs here too. Botumys talks about using Maya in one of the posts:

http://nwn2forums.bioware.com/forums/vi ... =113&sp=30

Post by Guest »

I'm here (restless from NWN2 Vault)

i've some tilesets in mind to create (i'm italian sorry for my english).

I've in mind to participate with the Community Tileset project for make new tilesets and create some new stuff for NWN2.

I don't have an URL and the files you can access by NWN2 Vault.

Are you interessed in my participation?

lord rosenkrantz

Post by lord rosenkrantz »

65n35y573m wrote:I'm here (restless from NWN2 Vault)

i've some tilesets in mind to create (i'm italian sorry for my english).

I've in mind to participate with the Community Tileset project for make new tilesets and create some new stuff for NWN2.

I don't have an URL and the files you can access by NWN2 Vault.

Are you interessed in my participation?
Ciao there, at the moment it isn't sure there'll be a CTP2 project for NWN2. I am sure that Bannor Bloodfist will be able to give you more details as soon as he has the chance.
Keep in mind that CTP for nwn1 has been a project to debug and fix material that was already available on the vault. It doesn't mean that a CTP2 definitelly won't be switching to creating brand-new custom content, and I am sure that in that case, your offer to join would be most than welcome.

Personally I don't have a clear idea of what the NWN2 CC community is up to, nor of what limitations the new game could enforce upon developers, as I decided to keep developing for nwn1 at least for quite a while.

Post by Guest »

[QUOTE=lord rosenkrantz;37910]Ciao there, at the moment it isn't sure there'll be a CTP2 project for NWN2. I am sure that Bannor Bloodfist will be able to give you more details as soon as he has the chance.
Keep in mind that CTP for nwn1 has been a project to debug and fix material that was already available on the vault. It doesn't mean that a CTP2 definitelly won't be switching to creating brand-new custom content, and I am sure that in that case, your offer to join would be most than welcome.

Personally I don't have a clear idea of what the NWN2 CC community is up to, nor of what limitations the new game could enforce upon developers, as I decided to keep developing for nwn1 at least for quite a while.[/QUOTE]

I can contribute with my tilesets and other new that i've initiated. the only things that don't understand is:

There's a mode to create a new tilesets without modify or override the existing ones?:unsure: