Tileset Question "tall"
This forum is to cover working with set, itp, and 2DAs of tileset custom content.

Moderators: Winterhawk99, Mermut, Bannor Bloodfist

Tileset Question "tall"

Post by Guest »

I was retexturing a tileset someone else had made to fit in with a project I'm working on and I noticed a few tiles with specified MDL's that didn't have included MDLs. They were named tall_a01_01 and tall_b01_01.

What are they and what do they do? I'm thinking they alter the lighting effects from what I can decifer in the SET. Does this then get applied to all the tiles as an alternate effect? Or am I completely wrong in my logic.

In addition, does the lead-in lable "tall" mean that what ever effect is listed in the SET get applied to all tiles? Can some one explain in detail (if it's not to long and drawn out).

I'd check in CCG, Veltools, or TSC, but there not up at the moment to research from.

Thanks

Bannor Bloodfist
ctp: Yes
dla: Yes
TBotR: Yes
nwnihof: Yes

Post by Bannor Bloodfist »

Ardimus wrote:I was retexturing a tileset someone else had made to fit in with a project I'm working on and I noticed a few tiles with specified MDL's that didn't have included MDLs. They were named tall_a01_01 and tall_b01_01.

What are they and what do they do? I'm thinking they alter the lighting effects from what I can decifer in the SET. Does this then get applied to all the tiles as an alternate effect? Or am I completely wrong in my logic.

In addition, does the lead-in lable "tall" mean that what ever effect is listed in the SET get applied to all tiles? Can some one explain in detail (if it's not to long and drawn out).

I'd check in CCG, Veltools, or TSC, but there not up at the moment to research from.

Thanks
These are two tiles that are direct bioware originals.

One is the chessboard floor, the other is a dais.

You will find them, if you use nwexplorer, listed in the nwn main data\data\models_02.bif, way down in the list.
CTP Team Lead

Michael DarkAngel
ctp: No

Post by Michael DarkAngel »

Ardimus wrote:... snip ... They were named tall_a01_01 and tall_b01_01. ... snip ...

Thanks

And just to clarify

t = tile
all = all tilesets

Which basically means these tiles are to be available for all tilesets to use, and the naming also makes it easy to remember when you want to add them to your custom tileset.

MDA
MDA
TBotR
"I intend to leave a memory of myself in the minds of others."
Leonardo da Vinci,
disciple of experience

Post by Guest »

Thanks for the information, I still have lots to learn.

Now on to a sub-question.

How is it that in some tilesets, you can place the same tile over and over and get the different lighting effects? Where is this set-up? I looked and can't find anything.

Bannor Bloodfist
ctp: Yes

Post by Bannor Bloodfist »

Ardimus wrote:Thanks for the information, I still have lots to learn.

Now on to a sub-question.

How is it that in some tilesets, you can place the same tile over and over and get the different lighting effects? Where is this set-up? I looked and can't find anything.
It's engine code.

Nothing you can do to really adjust that.

ANY area, will have random lighting when it;s first created..

The only thing you can do is to manually adjust the area when you paint the tiles down.
CTP Team Lead