What files need to remain as TGA
This forum is to cover working with set, itp, and 2DAs of tileset custom content.

Moderators: Winterhawk99, Mermut, Bannor Bloodfist

coolmac55

What files need to remain as TGA

Post by coolmac55 »

Hello,

I'm out of space, or nearly. At present I've only 49megs of tile-set (area related) space left to include in my haks. I've limited myself to 700 megs total and I'm nearing that now and there is still allot I'd like to add. I'd like to add some of Worm's stuff, and some of the new, soon to be released CTP sets.

I'm looking at maybe pulling out, or changing TGA files. Some sets are nearly all DDS while some have both, and others all TGA.

Two (2) questions.

What files need to remain as TGA?
Is there a program that will batch convert for me?

Your Knowledge is most appreciated,
CoolMac55

Estelindis
ctp: Yes
dla: No
TBotR: No
nwnihof: Yes

Post by Estelindis »

Textures for water need to stay as TGA due to the shinywater animation. Some other textures that use .txi settings also need to stay as TGA, but I'm not 100% sure what decides that and if it's the case all round (there may be exceptions?).

To batch convert TGA to DDS: 1) download ddstools; 2) put your TGA files in the "in" folder; 3) run "runme.bat" - and you're done! :)

Not sure about batch converting DDS to TGA with a tool, but if I were you I would do the following: 1) package the DDS textures in a hak; 2) open the hak with NWN Explorer;* 3) right-click on the DDS category and choose "export as TGA"; 4) run the lot of them through TGA Flipper twice.

:thumb:

*The link above is to the previous version, but you can also get the beta of the new version by Acaos here: http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Ot ... il&id=1369

coolmac55

Post by coolmac55 »

Thank you, I now have 159 megs of space for new area related stuff after using those tools and your advice.

CoolMac55

Estelindis
ctp: Yes
dla: No
TBotR: No
nwnihof: Yes

Post by Estelindis »

Excellent! I am delighted that it worked out for you. :)