NWN Engine effects (water, forest beaming).
This is the area for questions and answers for all the "How to?" of model creation.

Moderators: Winterhawk99, Mermut, Bannor Bloodfist

NWN Engine effects (water, forest beaming).

Post by Guest »

Forest Beaming

Is it possible to remove the rays from the hak? I am using a CFR combo so any grids remotely near a forest "part" are under the rays and looks ridiculous.

You don't need max to get rid of the beaming. Open up an ascii version of each file and simply change beaming to a value of 0. Or just delete the beaming entry.

Post by Guest »

On Water

If you put a water mapped object in an tile it _has_ to be parented to a dummy called a.

If you parent the water plane to anything else, for instance the model base, anything that enters the water will vanish below the surface.

A quick example, you have a tile called TDC01_Y01_01. You have to have a dummy called TDC01_Y01_01a and your water object needs to be parented to that a object or every part of a creature on the opposite side of the surface from the camera will not be visible.

In addition the tile+a dummy is required for tile animation to work so its kind of important.
---------------------
Another follow up on the A dummy.

Alpha textured objects render very differently when parented to the a dummy than they do parented to other objects.

In my case water parented to the a dummy was darker, much darker than water parented to the model base. (resulting in my having to spend several hours fixing a _lot_ of tiles.)

-Danmar
---------------------

I've just noticed that you also need to set the walkmesh bitmap to NULL in order for the see through water effect to work. Without it, whatever is underwater on your character will appear and dissappear depending on your facing.