CMP v1.5 Music Suggestions

Post by Guest »

[QUOTE=Kraven Khor;36354]

also here's a link to a sample of the main arcanum track,so u can hear for yourselves.
http://www.benhouge.com/Arcanum.mp3

Let me know if u interested, i can always submit the tracks to the Vault.

Greetings
Kraven[/QUOTE]

Not bad, I?m not sure how well that could translate into NWN, but the best game music is the stuff you don?t notice until it?s gone. I still rate this 8 out of 10. Good Stuff :P

raven280

Post by raven280 »

Hey Guys,
Over the holidays, I finally upgraded my PW to CEP 2.0, and in the process, added the CMP and the CTP. The music added to game from the CMP really adds some great new feeling to the game...I really hope a CMP 1.5 will still be released at some point. One thing I was noticing as I added the tracks from the CMP to my areas, was that the new selections could only be used as either music day or night. None of the new tracks were available for use as either ambient sound day/night, or as battle music. If the team does release a CMP 1.5, is it possible to find tracks to fill out these other areas in the audio selections for areas in the game? Just a thought....

Raven280

Tiberius_Morguhn

Post by Tiberius_Morguhn »

[QUOTE=raven280;36510]Hey Guys,
Over the holidays, I finally upgraded my PW to CEP 2.0, and in the process, added the CMP and the CTP. The music added to game from the CMP really adds some great new feeling to the game...I really hope a CMP 1.5 will still be released at some point. One thing I was noticing as I added the tracks from the CMP to my areas, was that the new selections could only be used as either music day or night. None of the new tracks were available for use as either ambient sound day/night, or as battle music. If the team does release a CMP 1.5, is it possible to find tracks to fill out these other areas in the audio selections for areas in the game? Just a thought....

Raven280[/QUOTE]

Yes, the CMP 1.5 is looking to add battle music selections to the set. Ambient sounds are different though - these are things like birds chirping for forests, etc. This is not covered by the CMP since we are music only at this point. The battle stuff is coming though, so stay tuned and thanks for the feedback. Great news to hear that the CMP added to your PW. :)

Post by Guest »

If possible, make tracks like those from Baldur's Gate more loopable. I love "From out of the Storm" and would love to use it, but the long silence delay with it is troubling. Aside from that I have few problems with CMP(Although I would love it to branch out and include ambient sounds/voicesets/etc).

Shioni is back, at least at the moment >_<

Post by Guest »

So Tiberius, I know you might not have done anything with CMP in a couple of months but I was just wondering how far you did get to a 1.5 release on a scale of 1-5.

I was reading up on some old posts and found out a lot of people where a little upset about not having battle music, but I know it will come and blow them away.

I've not done much in the way of contributing to CMP, but I will do everything I can to help advertise it with mods...
http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=4690740 Hint Hint

Well I think I’m going to find time during my next spring break to publish something to get some motivation on all the nwn projects

Oh and Tiberius if I rememeber right you said somthing about having a baby almost a year ago, I wounder how that is working huh? O:)

raven280

Post by raven280 »

Hey Shioni,
I think I read on a post associated with some placeables that Tiberius created that his baby is due this spring (march maybe?), and that he is trying to do as many NWN things as he can before the birth. I am still hoping we can get sounds mixed into the CMP, as I dont know that whats left of the community would accept another community project (like a CSP). I was amazed at how much more I enjoyed running around in my old PW with the sounds of the CMP playing in it....it definately added to the atmosphere. I don't know if Tiberius will get CMP 1.5 out the door before the big day, but I am certainly hoping he will. I know he was originally trying to get it done before the holidays, but I don't know how far he got on it. I do have some new material that I have found, that we may be able to use, if a CMP 1.5 is still a viable project to be released. Take care.

Raven280

Tiberius_Morguhn

Post by Tiberius_Morguhn »

Hey Raven280 and Shioni,

yeah the baby is due in about 8 weeks (early April) and things are going good so far. have to paint a room this weekend and get some furniture moved in and around so no rest for the wicked.

For the CMP, yeah, I am dragging my butt on it some. -_-
On the scale of 1-5, I am about at a 2. I really have not abandoned the project so I still appreciate all the suggestions. One of the things right now is that most if not all of the suggestions to add in are from copyrighted music sources. Like the Arcanum and Ultima stuff. I have no way to verify if those have actually been opened up for public use. I do know that Travis Snafe and some other have release some more original works that need to be listened to. Anyways, thanks for the well wishes and I will keep working - I still love content creation (and mangling) for NWN1. :)

Raven? where hehe

Post by Guest »

[QUOTE=Tiberius_Morguhn;37669]Hey Raven280 and Shioni,

yeah the baby is due in about 8 weeks (early April) and things are going good so far. have to paint a room this weekend and get some furniture moved in and around so no rest for the wicked.

[/QUOTE]

Good to hear you have not abandoned us. If there is anything you want me to do or anything you can show me that would help, I’m trying to stay up to date on the forums at least once a week

I’m also going to learn a lot about fixing tiles this year and making my own hac files, Im not a fan of self teaching but it has to be done.

Hey... Raven

Post by Guest »

[QUOTE=raven280;37666] I was amazed at how much more I enjoyed running around in my old PW with the sounds of the CMP playing in it....it definately added to the atmosphere. Raven280[/QUOTE]

Oh man CMP is like crack for builders. I was surprised how few people from the original building community switched for nwn2, and right now it seems a lot of pressure is going to be building on CTP mainly from me and maybe 2 other people lol.

Estelindis
ctp: Yes
dla: No
TBotR: No
nwnihof: Yes

Post by Estelindis »

[QUOTE=Kraven Khor;36354]Hey all,

My suggestion is add the music from the game Arcanum from the now deceased Troika studio's. it really has some very original music and very atmospheric for an rpg game. For you who don't know the game, Arcanum is an rpg gamefrom 1990 in the lines of baldur's gate but magic mixed with technology.

Anyway t the adress of the original site is dead but this a adress of a fansite that still works[/quote]
Looks pretty good! The full soundtrack is downloadable here: http://www.terra-arcanum.com/sierra/med ... track.html

Incidentally, I presume the CMP got permission to use Jeremy Soule and Inon Zur's music from games like IWD/2? If so, why not use some of their other game music? I'm aware that some of JS's soundtracks are sold digitally, and would probably be off-limits. But surely that's not the case for all his music? Also, on Inon Zur's website, there are some awesome tunes. For instance: on http://inonzur.com/music.html one can access the very swashbucklesome theme tune to a Pirates of the Caribbean game that he scored. Very adventurous! What think ye?