Small Help Request.
Conchobhar

Small Help Request.

Post by Conchobhar »

Hey Folks,

I appologise if i've posted this in the wrong place, but I need a little expertise from one of the custom content genius' that call this place home.

Specifically I need a few pointers in regards to converting some music we have created into a hak file to be used for my PW module. I have the music all converted to the right file type, I just need someone generous to explain the next step, how to make it play in the module for our builders and players.

Any helps greatly appreciated!

Christopher
ctp: No
dla: No
TBotR: No
nwnihof: No

Post by Christopher »

I am at work and behind a firewall so I cannot 'get' to the information I need. Have you looked on the NWN vault under 'Other'? I am certain I recall a full tutorial on how to add the music. Off hand if you have the files in the correct formant then you will need to update the proper *.2da for ambient music. You would then need to specify that in the toolset to add music to the area you wish to hear it.

Unless someone beats me to a real answer before I get home I could give you more details. :p

Zwerkules
ctp: No
dla: No
TBotR: No
nwnihof: No

Post by Zwerkules »

Hi, Conchobhar!

Music usually goes into the music folder in the NWN directory. I don't know
if putting it into a hak works. You also need to convert it to bmu which I
assume you already did. Then you have to add lines to the file ambientmusic.2da. Without these you won't be able to use the music in
your module.
A line in that file looks like this:
82 16777220 mus_ild_it_began **** **** **** ****
The first is the number of the song, the second is a number pointing to a line in a tlk file which contains the title of the song. If you don't want to include a custom tlk file, you might be able to put a **** there and instead of the title the filename will be displayed. I'm not sure if that works, haven't tested it yet, but I know it works in a few other 2da files.
The third is the file name of the song without the bmu extension. It usually starts with mus_ followed by two to three letters for the name of the module it is used with and then 8 to 9 letters for the title. The following three columns are for music that consists of several parts and the last one is unused in all the ambientmusic.2da I have seen so far, however its name is 'DisplayName', so maybe you can put the title of the song here if you don't use a custom tlk file.