Moderators: Winterhawk99, Mermut, Bannor Bloodfist, Black Rider

Bannor Bloodfist
ctp: Yes
dla: Yes
TBotR: Yes
nwnihof: Yes

Special thanks to/for OMB.

Post by Bannor Bloodfist »

Folks, any of you that have been around with us for a while, KNOW how critical OMB has been to our work here.

I feel the need to make that clearer again.

What has OMB done for CTP?

1) Doors: All tilesets in release One that had tileset specific doors, were fixed by OMB.

2) Generic Doors: OMB created MANY generic doors for us and fixed the rest that we included in our Generic doors hak on the vault. Which has attained HOF status and was primarily HIS work, that it accomplished that lofty goal.

3) Rod of Mantis: (And many other aspects of the testing tools we use on our test server). These tools give us sooo many options that it would take pages to list them all. When OMB joined us, we had some working stuff, and some stuff that almost worked, and server connects that did NOT work. He cleaned all of that up, gave us the Rod Of Mantis that is indispensible to our testers AND to our bug fixers. Those semi-autmated bug reports gives our bug fixers soo much detail, that it is almost easy to find and fix the actual bugs now.

4) Open Office macros: Ever wonder how our Rod of Mantis actually gets the tile name and places that into the bug report for you? Well, OMB did that. He gave me a set of macros that reads in an area file (after some leg work on my side) and generates a hidden placeable that listens for you to click the Rod to make a report. This hidden object contains the actual tile's name. That is grabbed, and the physical location is grabbed (with a LOT of leg work by OMB's scripts) and generates the header info for the bug report for you.

5) MySQL server links: For this, even NOW, I still need his help. He provides it, quickly, and concisely. OMB is the reason we have a working connection between our multiple test servers and Mantis. Need I say more?

6) Clean Models 3: This tool, well, it does soooo much grunt work for you that it leaves me completely dumbfounded. It automatically cleans up those pesky sparkles. Most of our present members have not seen sets that have not been passed through this at least once, but some of you will remember how HUGE the bugs counts were with just sparkle issues. CM3 also cleans up/ fixes, so many other fairly major bugs that it is not funny. I can honestly state that without CM3, CTP would probably not be possible. If it DID ever get done, it would be literally YEARS of manual labor.

7) Ideas, Work Flows, Tips, Tricks, Tutelage: Ohh boy... how many times has he politely suggested that I get my boot out of my rear and actually do something SMARTER for a change? I hesitate to even attempt to count these. It is a large number though, believe me.

8) What am I missing? I know, absolutely, without doubt, that I am missing things in this small listing. None of it is without merit and all of these deserve a HUGE thank you. But geese... Thanks just doesn't seem to cover it.

---------

P.S. Friendship: No, I didn't forget this, I deliberately saved it for last. OMB's friendship is nearly unbounded. It is also absolutely IMPOSSIBLE to cover. And yes OMB, I know, 'The impossible isn't and miracles only take a bit longer' with you. But I am completely without words to express my heartfelt gratitude for all you have done and continue to do for CTP. May god bless you. May you have as long a life as you wish to have and may that life be full of love, friendship and good food! (Or great beer, depending on your preferances)

Christopher
ctp: No
dla: No
TBotR: No
nwnihof: No

Post by Christopher »

I read this the day you posted it Bannor and was touched. Old Man's Beard has done some fantastic work on the CTP. We each have our own talents and interests in the CTP and OMB work and innovation have made a huge difference.

I have not had any of the IRC chat time that Bannor has or the time to build a friendship. I can only appreciate the craftsmanship of his coding and fixes. Your efforts have greatly enhanced the time I put into CTP.

I always wish I had more time. I used to be able to do fixes while doing phone tech support back in 2005 and 2006. Now with work, family and real life I have much less. It's hard sometimes to justify staying up late to work on CTP.

The short of it is... i like it. I took a break for a year and I missed it. I hope that you take satisfaction and enjoy what you have done OMB. Your CM3 and scripts that ease the bug reporting have made all of this MORE fun. You cut out a lot of the frustration.

I was saddened to hear of your health problems. Limited connection time with dial-up. Thank you so much for still helping us out despite so many obstacles.

Your time is much appreciated!

Estelindis

Post by Estelindis »

I don't know you personally, OMB, but I agree with everything Christopher has said. Thanks for everything you have done to help the CTP and the NWN community. I wish you all the best and will keep you in my thoughts. :)

WojtekPod

Post by WojtekPod »

Thank you for making testing of the tilesets much easier. I really hope your health problems will be solved soon.

WojtekPod

OldMansBeard

Post by OldMansBeard »

Thanks, people.

I'm glad to help the CTP because you're a great team and deserve it. It's good to see CTP coming back together again. I hope I can be in there with you.

OMB

KirbyEF

Post by KirbyEF »

Yes, get well soon!

Kirby

Grov

Post by Grov »

Cheers mate!

Miss the shoutboxing with you and QSW..

Grov the Dungslinger

lord rosenkrantz

Post by lord rosenkrantz »

Stumbled into this thread just today, and I can't avoid adding my praise and thanks for OMB's work once again. His contribution to the community (even beyond CTP) is so fundamental that things would look very different without it. They would surely be very different for me, OMB's CleanModels3 is a necessary part of my daily 3d modeling.

Keep up the brilliant work OMB, and take care

s030363l

Post by s030363l »

OMB, your contributions and friendship cannot be measured by any scale except the rictor because you just rock. It was great working with you even for the short time that I did, I will never forget it as Bannor and yourself actually welcomed me to the custom content community and I haven't left since. Good luck and get well and keep in touch!!!

Michael DarkAngel
dla: Yes

Post by Michael DarkAngel »

Just a simple Thank You, and a heartfelt get well to someone who has done so much for the CTP and NWN community at large.
MDA
TBotR
"I intend to leave a memory of myself in the minds of others."
Leonardo da Vinci,
disciple of experience